The Key To Residential Septic Tank Maintenance In New Braunfels
February 15, 2023 - septic system
Whether you've lived in New Braunfels for a while or are a new resident, you may be wondering how to keep up with the maintenance of your septic tank. So, what exactly is a septic tank? It is a buried container that receives wastewater generated in kitchens, laundry rooms, and bathrooms. Solids settle at the bottom, and liquids float above. To prevent future risks, you'll need the help of the New Braunfels septic system professionals to clean and service the tank properly.
Types Of Residential Septic Tanks
Septic tanks can be made of different materials offering a variety of durability and levels of strength. The most common types of septic tanks include:
- Concrete septic tanks. The concrete septic tank is effective and has been used for several decades. However, it can let waste seep out if the concrete cracks. In addition, when backups occur, the blockage can impact water outflow.
- Steel septic tanks. Steel is an inherently durable material; However, these systems typically only last 25 years before they begin to rust.
- Fiberglass septic tanks. This type of septic tank won't rust like steel or crack like concrete. Fiberglass tanks are also significantly lighter, which makes them easier to install.
- Plastic septic tanks. This type of septic tank is lightweight, durable, inexpensive, and easy to install. Plastic septic tanks won't rust and are less susceptible to cracking than concrete.
- Aerobic septic tanks. This type of tank is powered by electricity and often installed when other tanks on a property have failed. These tanks require more frequent maintenance, but they generally last for many years. They are more effective and need smaller drain fields, which can benefit smaller properties considerably.
Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all septic tank option, as it varies based on the situation. There are advantages and disadvantages to all types of septic tanks, such as being an economical solution in rural areas or not requiring the installation of miles of sewer lines. However, they all do require maintenance and a commitment to proper use.
How Does A Residential Septic Tank Work?
A residential septic tank is the first step of treatment and separates and stores solids, greases, and oils from sewage so the remaining liquids can go to the drain field. Inside the tank, a separation occurs. Some material floats to the top. Some material sinks to the bottom. The liquid wastewater in the middle is released into the drain field. Routinely, the tank is pumped to remove the waste material.
The Importance Of Regular Residential Septic Tank Maintenance
When a septic system isn't properly maintained, it can create a health threat, lower your property value, cause harm to the environment, and lead to extra expenses. It is wise to have routine cleanings performed by a professional to prevent unwanted issues. Regular maintenance will also help you reduce how often you need to have your system pumped. A well-maintained system may only need to be pumped once every three to five years.
Professional Septic Tank Services For New Braunfels Homes
As a trained team of professionals that provides advanced septic system flushing and outside drain cleaning services, Aerobic Services of South Texas is proud to have an established track record of success. Our local drain cleaning and septic system maintenance services have proven safe, efficient, and affordable for many clients throughout the New Braunfels region. Our management team also remains committed to providing industry-leading customer service and backing the quality of our performance with a satisfaction guarantee.
We provide state-licensed services for residential and commercial septic service clients that involve septic system and wastewater system design, implementation, and ongoing professional maintenance.
Our specialists strive to get the job done efficiently and correctly, which has served us well for more than 20 years now. We invite you to contact our office today to speak with a friendly representative from our organization. Remember that our staff is often available for same-day and emergency response services for those with very time-sensitive concerns.
Lisa was absolutely amazing and answered all questions I had. She even gave me some extra advice to help avoid future repairs. They will definitely be my go to people for anything septic related.