How To Tell If You Have A Septic System Emergency
September 15, 2022 - septic system
If you're a homeowner in New Braunfels, then you likely have a septic system. Septic systems are common in this area and they require regular maintenance to keep them running smoothly. Unfortunately, sometimes things go wrong and you find yourself with a septic emergency on your hands. Aerobic Services of South Texas will discuss what constitutes a septic emergency, signs that you need immediate service, how to handle a septic emergency, and where to call for emergency services for septic systems in New Braunfels.
What Constitutes A Septic Emergency?
There are a few different things that can go wrong with your septic system in New Braunfels to create an emergency situation. If you have sewage backing up into your home, this is an obvious sign that something is very wrong and you need immediate assistance. If you have water pooling around your septic tank or in your yard, this is also an indication of a problem. If you notice any foul odors coming from your septic system, this could be a sign of a clog or blockage somewhere in the system.
If you notice any of these signs, it's important to call for help right away. If the issue is not dealt with in a timely manner, it could lead to much more serious problems like contaminated water or flooding.
Four Signs Your Septic System Needs Immediate Service
If you're not sure whether or not you have a septic emergency on your hands, there are four signs to look out for that indicate you need immediate service:
- Your drains are gurgling or making strange noises. This could be a sign of a blockage in your pipes.
- Water is backing up into your home. This is a definite sign that something is wrong with your septic system and you need assistance right away.
- There is water pooling around your septic tank or in your yard. This indicates that there may be a problem with your septic tank or the surrounding area.
- You notice foul odors coming from your septic system. This could be a sign of a clog or blockage somewhere in the system.
If you notice any of these signs, it's important to call for help right away. The sooner you get help, the less damage will be done to your New Braunfels septic system.
How To Properly Handle A Septic Emergency
If you find yourself in the middle of a septic emergency, there are a few things you can do to minimize the damage:
- Stop using all water immediately. This includes flushing toilets, running water, doing laundry, etc. The less water you use, the less sewage will back up into your home.
- Call for help. As soon as you realize you have a septic emergency, call Aerobic Services of South Texas. We're available with same-day and emergency services to quickly resolve the issue.
- Do not try to fix the problem yourself. This is a job for the professionals. Trying to fix the problem yourself will likely make it worse and could cause further damage to your septic system.
At Aerobic Services of South Texas, all our technicians are state-licensed, and we can service any system. Don't hesitate to give us a call at the first sign of a septic emergency. We'll be happy to come and solve the issue quickly and efficiently.
Where To Call For Emergency Septic Services In New Braunfels
If you find yourself in the middle of a septic emergency, call Aerobic Services of South Texas right away. We offer same-day and emergency services to help you with all your septic needs. We've been in business for over 20 years and we have the experience and knowledge to quickly assess the situation. All our services come with a one-year warranty, so you can be sure your septic system is in good hands. Contact us today to learn more about our residential and commercial septic services in New Braunfels or to schedule a service.
Lisa was absolutely amazing and answered all questions I had. She even gave me some extra advice to help avoid future repairs. They will definitely be my go to people for anything septic related.